From the German invasion of 1941 through to the fall of Berlin in 1945. These are the men who fought ferociously for Mother Russia. They are the peasant soldiers, taught to obey orders and do as they were told. Their life was hard and their battles probably unequaled in history for scale and suffering.
From a disorganised mass to a fully capable and experienced force, the Russian divisions grew into modern infantry in just a few short years. It was in heated battle against the German invaders, that they were tempered into a deadly weapon.
Joseph Stalin once said “Quantity has a quality of its own” alluding to the huge numbers of men he could put on the battlefield. The Soviet soldier was equipped with simple, solid weaponry. As the legendary sieges of Leningrad and Stalingrad hold in stark testimony, the Russian infantryman was terror in attack and a devil in defence.
This box contains a platoon of grim Russian infantry and a variety of equipment and weaponry. So assemble your men, fix bayonets, look to your front and don’t let the Commissar see you laggingǃ
Soviet Infantry contains:
- Enough components to make 40 Soviet infantry miniatures
- Round bases (25mm diameter)
- Background leaflet
- A host of options to allow for different weapon configurations and command models
- Weapons include:
- Mosin Nagant rifle (scoped, with bayonet and without)
- PTRD Anti-tank rifle
- PPS-43, PPSh-41 and PPD-40 submachine guns
- Mosin Nagant carbine
- DP-28 light machine gun
- Tokarev semi-automatic rifle (and bayonet version)
- Captured Panzerfaust