From the creator of Warhammer 40,000, comes a brand new Science Fiction universe. This 260-page full-colour hardback tome contains everything you need to know in order to get started exploring the myriad worlds of Antarean space.
A universe vast beyond comprehension, stretching eons into a dark and turbulent past, embattled civilizations possessed of unimaginable power. Rival empires locked in a struggle for dominance across millions of worlds, led by intellects that are as much machine as human, the omniscient integrated machine intelligence of a society and a time very different to our own. This is the universe beyond the Nexus, this is Beyond the Gates of Antares.
Beyond the Gates of Antares is set during the Seventh Age of Humanity. Our adventures will take us through the Antarean dimensional gateways to the galaxy spanning empires of the PanHuman Concord and Isorian Senatex, and to the worlds of the Determinate and beyond. We will board the glittering space borne cities of the Vardari, we will confront foes as implacable as the Ghar and as merciless as the Renegade NuHu Shards.
Beyond the Gates of Antares is where our journey begins. However, it is only the first step upon a path that promises to take us to new stars and undiscovered worlds, a universe that we intend to explore fully with campaigns and background expansions.
- A break-down of all of the game rules, easing you into the new system
- An extensive Terrain section, outlining dozens of different terrain types to be found in the Antarean universe
- An Armoury section, featuring entries (and blueprints!) of the various weapon technologies used in Antares
- More advances rules for using Mounted Units, Vehicles, Buildings and more
- A section detailing just a handful of the different creatures which inhabit Antarean space
- 6 Matched Scenarios, and 6 Narrative Scenarios
- Full Army Lists for 6 factions
- A detailed timeline of Antarean Space, including Star Map and dedicated sections for each specific faction
- Quick Reference Sheet, Weapons Summary, and Templates Section to the rear of the book